Tomenet server

Discussion about topics that don't fit elsewhere.

Tomenet server

Post by Guest »

Hey all.

I have an internet tablet running Diablo OS (Maemo 4).

I do have a telnet client on this that I can use.

Am I not able to directly access this server through telnet but need to use the Tomenet executable?

If so, none of those builds on the website are compatible with my handheld.

Cheers guys.

Re: Tomenet server

Post by Guest »

Yes you can not telnet directly to the server as far as I know. You can however run the tomenet client on a remote Linux machine (such as a shared server) and connect to the server that way. There might be free servers you can run the TomeNET client off of. That of course may add some lag. I think the server is in France, so know that before you sign up for a VPS on the other side of the planet in Japan. :)

In the guide there are instructions on compiling the client. You can compile a client with only one window for telnet use. You can set the number of windows to one, before compiling the client. Then I think it should work via telnet if you have a remote machine that can run the client via telnet.

Michael or Blue can definitively say if the client can run on a remote host via telnet and not try to open a new X session window and instead start in the current CLI session.

Post by Guest »

Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!

Well, do you have that server address in France?

I've been looking to play T.o.M.E. on my handheld for quite awhile now but I need some kind of server to connect to.

Right now, I've been hooked on ADOM that has a SSH server located in Germany so I don't mind the lag.

Compiling is not a possibility, so any help with an opened server for T.o.M.E., I would be very thankful. I looked everywhere on Google.

Oh, and multiplayer doesn't have much interest for me.

Cheers!

Post by Guest »

I'll ask again.

Is there any server in the world that I can simply telnet or SSH to without having to use the T.o.M.E. installer?

I can't seem to find one.

Cheers.
Shank

Post by Shank »

Are you looking for ToME (single player) or TomeNET (multiplayer)? This is the TomeNET forums. The ToME forums are at forum.t-o-m-e.net.

Post by Guest »

Hey Shank.

I'm looking for single player T.o.M.E. only since I'll be using a touch screen keyboard which makes typing slow.
Shank

Post by Shank »

I suggest you ask your question in the ToME forums. These two games are very different.