I'm heading to Mirkwood ...

Share your strategies here.
Archma

I'm heading to Mirkwood ...

Post by Archma »

I went to the tavern and I overheard a tale about Spiders? I hate spiders! I loath spiders! I want to hunt them!

- I know its a long walk to the far north-east corners of the world with a depth of -550 to -1700.
- I suspect a lot of trees and spiders will be there.
- Mirkwood spider (Symbol S, Color G)
- Poison!

What do you Know? What to watch out for? What can i expect? What items are needed?
What resistances are recommended? What will kill me the most?
Whats the main Uniques Bosses that can spawn or I need to kill?
Share the Knowledge ><
pelios

Re: I'm heading to Mirkwood ...

Post by pelios »

well no boss that i could find. Asked around but got no answer. Went there after Orc Cave and Barrow Downs. Made it to the bottom after a few visits, could have gone in one (after finishing BD, but its slightly lower bottom floor, depthwise, than BD)

A lot of forests and bushes. Bushes provide no cover at all so be careful. However, if you have levitation, or can otherwise travel easily through forest it not that bad but mainly for hounds. Since they have no line of site when you retreat into a forest but can still follow in, they can't cast, so they just run into you, which for a melee class its easy clears without the hassle of casts and losing items out of fire,frost etc. However if they cast before you retreat, they will burn the forest around you which can get you in trouble. So its easier to clear them , but be careful. The retreat will work well for other mobs as well, dark elven warlocks however don't follow, so you have to rush them or peek-a-boo range or melee clear them, which works too sometimes.

Most 'rooms' are basically forest rectangle areas maybe double layer with like a corridor around like with mountain pits and rooms in other dungeons.

On the bottom floor (at least, maybe earlier too) found such 'rooms' full of j's and m's, it was ugly, Its inevitable that the forest you plan to retreat to, will be burned to ash, so either go in and finish it or teleport out, or stay clear. If you are lucky to find a wall, might be doable, still be ready to tele out. Definately watch out for those aquamarine dogs that tele-pull you right in the room with the other casters.

There are some walls but not many. Occasional lakes and water areas probably at par with OC and BD.

Sometimes lava areas on the last floor too. Enjoy. At the moment it hasn't been visited much, from the exploration reports, so its more xp too. Coords 40,27, not too far east of Bree. Slight hassle to find the door sometimes, its a forest, its on the bottom right of the sector, one up, two left (i think) from the southeast corner (i.e. 41,26). There is a big clearing near the entrance, you'll find it on the southeast of that clearing.