[idea] bind houses to account

Ideas for cool stuff in the future.
tangar

[idea] bind houses to account

Post by tangar »

Yesterday I've lost housing char while tried to rescue my gear ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM7s5eYwV7I ). I lost 6 houses and it's quite a blow, not even because of th gear which I had there, but because I had there loads of *healing* potions, protective scrolls & other items which I collected for 2+ years of stealing from BM.

I wonder, maybe it's good idea to bind houses not to the character, but to account. Then fail rescue missions would be not so devastating. It's often situation when there are no high lvl players online and the only way to resque your gear is to go with your other characters which are often 'housing'.. So when you died with it - you loose not only character, but all your items for which you could have spent years..

Game is enough hardcore and it's nice to do not have fountains of death (figuratively) or ultra-painful gameplay events.

p.s.
Or if not to bind to account, but maybe just add possibility to move all houses to 1 character.
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz
AHrEJl

Re: [idea] bind houses to account

Post by AHrEJl »

Housing need improve of course, but me think this is wrong way bind to acount, cuz one player can buy all houses without chance to lose it.
Isoku

Post by Isoku »

I think it should be something like this: any character can build/buy house(s), and they can make some amount of keys to the door(s). They can send this key(s) to any other character in the game. When character die his key can disappear but other his characters will have their own key copy (soft solution), and be looted by other player for bigger PvP side (hard solution). Same with house it can accept only right key (soft solution) or be bashed (opened with lockpick) (hard solution). In both cases no one loose their houses and items with death.
AHrEJl

Post by AHrEJl »

Main problem i think is player can have a lot of houses. But houses not improve at all. Better to players have not much houses, but improved as with chest for example where players can keep things safety without restictions or with upgrade mechanics. What about add -1+1 floors to buildings?

All charecters already can access to another character house on account. If problem is loose home ,just remaster houses hold to char that u not play and problem will solve. Its why dev not grant to have multiaccounts.
Isoku

Post by Isoku »

We can add some kind of storage to the house it will be most easiest solution, and we can add key stash for 1-2-3-5 keys for example for regulate how many houses can have one character. Adding a third dimension (z coordinate) to the game I think will be more complex and hard solution, best what we can do it right now is convert house doors to teleport to new customizable dungeons.