Capture the Flag event

Ideas for cool stuff in the future.
Jarjar0x2a

Capture the Flag event

Post by Jarjar0x2a »

so, i have an idea for a new event, here's the way i'm imagining it, it's up to you to know how feasible it is

it's a team capture the flag game, let's say at least 2 players/team, teams must be split up evenly, perhaps everyone picks their team, then it's adjusted if uneven
for levels, you can't join a team with a player more than 7 levels above/below your level
the highest level char on one team can't be more than 4 levels above the highest on the other team, and the same for the lowest, in reverse(meh, someone can probably think of something better i just thought that bit up on the spot)
the map will be a random arena map, at least 2x2 in size, with some pre defined rooms
unlike pvp mode chars, you cannot esp players on the other team by default, esp from spells, race, etc is fine though
i'm not sure if they do this already, but glyphs of warding will stop opposing players the same as they do monsters

upon death, either:
a. your loot is put in a store close/attached to your team's jail, you are placed in the other team's jail
or
b. you are revived, given your loot, and placed somewhere you cannot get out(small no tele perma vault?) to observe and give (un)helpful comments on the battle
c. you're revived, given your loot, and put back in whatever strange place you got pulled out of

the jail:
there is a jail on each half of the map toward the edge; how about permawalls with multiple cells and a granite door(or 2), or a door that can only be opened from the outside on each cell
2 or 2.5x damage is done to those inside
if killed while inside the jail you're disabled for 4 minutes/removed from the event

the players will be provided with wand(s) of wall creation and/or scrolls of rune of protection(for setting up base, and the door to the jail)

the flag:
the flag will be placed inside a shop, possibly inside several layers of wall, you go through the wall, get the flag, go back to your base, drop the flag in your shop to win
when a player is killed while holding the flag he will drop it where he died, the rest of his loot going to storage like normal

winning:
everyone stays on the level for 5 minutes after the game is over, or until they leave(to allow for retrieval of any items)
a deed is either awarded to all players on the winning team or to a random player, random is probably better

hopefully i covered everything and it was legible
and of course better rules/etc are welcome, we wouldn't want the devs to work hard at making it wrong :D