Build Book

Ideas for cool stuff in the future.
Theyli

Build Book

Post by Theyli »

I think we need to write up a build book with builds for different classes and with explanations. Sure, if you look under race it tells you what stats are best for that race and it does the same for class as far as basic stats go; however, there are apparently some skills that are not as useful even though you would think they are and it is a huge guessing game. For instance, I was skilling dodge as a druid only to be told later that it was not that useful. Maybe these builds could be written up by different players.
mikaelh
Developer

Re: Build Book

Post by mikaelh »

The next client will actually tell what's the minimum recommended value for a stat when distributing stat points for a new character. So that should help new people spend stat points more wisely. Complete character builds could also be posted in the strategies forum. We've been talking about creating a wiki but so far we think it wouldn't be worth the effort.
the_sandman
Developer

Post by the_sandman »

One could always start one and others can contribute their views, suggestions, etc. afterwards :D Kevmo did one on Paladins.

There was a choice for druids to go dodging with the aether hound form, but the "necessary" (and trivializing, too) form was removed.

The basic rule of thumb for dodging is -10% per lbs of worn equipment, -1% per 10 lbs inventory weight. The amount of raw dodging (with no inventory, no worn equipment) depends on what level of enemy you're up against: chance = dodge_skill*3 - ((rlev * 5) / 6). So at level 40 against a Great Bile Wyrm, you have around 64% raw dodge chance.

tl;dr: get naked, start dodging.
Theyli

Post by Theyli »

If I get naked, I'm not dodging. There's no fun in that. ;)