Spells

Gameplay related issues.
Zil

Spells

Post by Zil »

Logged on istar today, noticed that some spells have been changed- with 35 points into Divination Identify III stopped identifying items on the floor, and Vision I gave only small vision near me (as magic mapping) instead of showing the whole level. Is this change intended? If so, the guide needs to be updated- in 6.8 chapter those spells are explained incorrectly now.
PowerWyrm

Re: Spells

Post by PowerWyrm »

All spells that had "level" effects were divided into tiers. This means adjustments with levels and fail rates have been made. Many fixes have been made recently, but if you still see some weird effects, feel free to /rfe your findings/adjustments.
PowerWyrm

Post by PowerWyrm »

I've already /rfed it, but making Elemental Shield a Nature spell forces you to put 20+ skill points into Nature. And that's only to get resistance to the four base elements (you still need to put points into Air if you want poison resistance). Magical users need to rely on their books, and it feels stupid to have to carry endless amounts of resistance potions to quaff any time a fire/acid breather appears. My rfe: add a spell for every element. So Resist Fire (Fire), Resist Acid (Earth), Resist Cold (Water), Resist Elec (Air). Magic users usually skill Fire and Earth wouldn't be penalized. And getting a Fire Shield spell without a Resist Fire spell feels silly anyway...
Solanidae

Post by Solanidae »

The main things I've noticed are:

1) Vision II now requires 40 points in divination rather than 35.2 with a bit of spell-power.
2) Manathrust III does a LOT of damage compared to what I remember the old manathrust doing, 50 mana 50 spell-power I'm doing like 1200 on average. I rarely used it in the past though, so I really don't mind the buff.
3) All my spellbooks/codexes got screwed up
Zil

Post by Zil »

Also Elemental Shield no longer gives poison resist and is a mixed magic school spell.
Solanidae

Post by Solanidae »

Zil wrote:Also Elemental Shield no longer gives poison resist and is a mixed magic school spell.
Did it ever give poison resist? I know I dropped it after I got fire/acid/cold/elec immunities.