Petition: nerf events' rewards for 'Soloist' mode in TomeNET

Discussion about topics that don't fit elsewhere.
tangar

Re: Petition: nerf events' rewards for 'Soloist' mode in TomeNET

Post by tangar »

lunitin wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:07 pm It seems like the simplest solution is to not play events if you don't agree with the reward system, or redeem your deed for a luck bonus instead and then continue on your adventure.
I've already commented it:
tangar wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:28 pm If you would read this message, you would find an answer to this question: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1092&start=20#p6107

In short: why there is 'Soloist' mode? if it's possible to limit yourself from trade with other players in NE/EL modes? Because it is online competitive game and rules has to be equal to everyone. Thats why I asked about this anti-cheezing mode for 2 years (again, this topic: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1092). And when this anti-cheezing mode finally arrived - it's got blunder in it which ruins it's concept.

You could limit yourself to anything, but in this case you could just play singleplayer Angband and put alarm clock nearby and try to make 1 turn per second. It's @#$%, dude.
------------
lunitin wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:07 pm If you insist that walls must be built to remove temptation...
'Soloist' - it's already kinda 'walls' compared to NE mode. But there is a huge hole in it (events' rewards) which break 'soloist' gameplay concept.

Actually main point of adding new modes - it's creating 'walls' (NE mode got 'walls' compared to 'EL' & etc).

------------
lunitin wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:07 pm ...I would argue that nerfing the rewards is not the solution to your problem.
Why do you think so? Please could you make some arguments to to justify your position.
------------
lunitin wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:07 pm Perhaps there could be a 'Purist' mode, which functions exactly like Soloist, except that either a) all events with rewards are forbidden (Arena challenge should still works) or b) deeds can only be redeemed for a blessing.
I'm not sure that devs would like to create 100500 gameplay modes just to make _everyone_ happy. There has to be common sense and new modes should be added only if they give unique and very different gameplay compared to other gameplaye modes.
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz
tangar

Re: Petition: nerf events' rewards for 'Soloist' mode in TomeNET

Post by tangar »

It's time to finish petition, because we achieved our goal - to bring attention to this problem. Currently devs finishing re-investigation on this issue, so now we are humbly awaiting for their judgement and would accept and respect any decision. Thanks to everyone who supported it or participated in discussion!

On my behalf I wanna apologise to making so much 'noise' about this problem. It was very critical to me, that's why I made this quite desperate gesture and created petition. There was certain misunderstanding in the discussion of this issue which caused this, quite ultimative and a bit gruff way to bring attention to it. I'm sorry about it, guys.

Right now devs are asking 'soloist' players and veterans about this issue and as result of 'poll' there would be made a decision. So I suppose there was much easier way to bring attention for critical problem than creation 'open' petition - just make a poll about your issue among players and bring 'poll' results to devs - so devs won't need to spend time on doing it :)

For future - if you are not agree with something critical (critical means that you think about it all the time :twisted: ):

1) report your problem:
--- a) write about problem in /rfe if it's short idea
OR
--- b) write it on forum if you think that this idea needs discussion or if it's too long to put it in /rfe
2) if there is no reaction on forum and it is important issue - ask active players in-game about it. The most important is to ask players who have experience in the field of this problem
3) make a list of players who approve/disaprove your idea
4) send your idea with cons and pros, with the list of players who approved it to devs via email. Do not expect fast reply - sometimes you should wait a few days.

Hope this would help to get over such issues in future without nerves :)
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz