Mimicry

Discussion about topics that don't fit elsewhere.
Sevalis

Mimicry

Post by Sevalis »

Hi folks. Sevalis here (In game is Iago, Sevalis, Sevy, Wormy... etc)

Glad to be back after a few years off. Good to see most of the folks I remember are still here.
Wanted to bring up mimicry topic and have a few questions and observations about it.

*It seems Greater Titan got hit by the nerf bat. Saw in the r_info file that they no longer confuse upon attack. Hmmm... now I'm thinking my end-game form choice might end up being a high-end DR now... gold looks very tasty.
*Do *shatter* attacking creatures quake still?
*Interesting observation (after clearing a shantak pit) - That form is kinda fun. Haste Self! (Stinks to not wear rings, gloves and boots though)
*Do all resists a monster have pass to player? (I understand only single immunities possible, but for something like GT that has base+poi resist, it may make the form worth it for eqp choices)
*Breating gravity won't toss the target dummy around :( Will it toss monsters around? (In the dungeons)
*Do ghost-style forms (and anything with intrinsic wraith) still have auto spell-dmg reduction? (Seems nether bolt from dread is weak)
*Wraith can melee other wraith - Good choice developers. (Not sure if it was always like this, but it's fun)
*Low-level forms with "blink" seem to have a *very* high SP cost to use the ability. Cantrips is far cheaper.
*Tip for low level mimics / shamans etc using MA - Phase spider is sweet. +3 spd, mountainwalk, IM-poi. Wear all but gloves (and weapons, but as MA who cares?)
*Tip for mid-level mimics - On your way to collecting DR, get a storm giant form. Decent hp, some powers, and either cold or elec IM, plus a sheath.
*For "EVIL" creatures you mimic... it "makes you suceptible to good" ... What "good" spells do you have to worry about? Curse? Do high-end monsters use orb or holy light? Does melee dmg from a "good" creature go up if you are evil?

Anyways, nice to see you folks in game again. Look forward to your thoughts.